Advantages of Hydrotherapy
- It works more muscle groups simultaneously
- Decreases post-surgery/injury recovery time and minimizes post-exercise soreness
- Water provides resistance throughout the range of motion, providing a closed chain, hydrokinetic exercise
- Permitting longer than normal training periods
- Water buoyancy reduces gravity, diminishing concussive forces, thus reducing stress on joints
- Allows early intervention and quicker recovery times
- Warm water assists in pain reduction
- Geriatric patients can exercise effectively
- Decreases the risk of overheating
- With the underwater treadmill, water height is regulated to accommodate different sized animals and adjusted for weight bearing.
1st appointment MUST be accompanied with the owner. After the initial appointment, drops offs can be arranged.
All Sessions are by Appointment Only, please contact us for more information.
*Initial consultation appointment is required. This is not included in the package or gym prices.
Hydrotherapy Exercise only. Call for details.
Rory has Canine Polyradiculoneuritis. It is suspected that coonhound paralysis is related to the excessive stimulation of the immune system, which could be caused by contact with a raccoon’s saliva. Once a dog is bitten or scratched by a raccoon, the symptoms will develop within a week to two weeks.
She was completely paralyzed in all 4 limbs within 5 days of the racoon bite. She has been coming in to get Hydrotherapy with Dr. Doggett and she is making tremendous progress! We are all fighting this fight with Rory.
Posted by Striegel Animal Hospital on Tuesday, April 24, 2018